Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Exhibition Junkie

This year I think I have turned into an exhibition junkie. I have always loved visiting art galleries and as a child I can remember being taken to the National Gallery of Victoria to see a Sydney Nolan exhibition. While I haven't been to any of the great galleries overseas - that will change when I go to New York in October. I have been lucky to see some great exhibitions around Australia. I am also lucky that the NGV in Melbourne holds a Winter Masterpieces Exhibition each winter and brings some great art works to Melbourne. I don't think I have missed one of the Winter Masterpieces.
A couple of weeks ago I saw the Napoleon Exhibition. It was great - and it gave me a better understanding of the French Revolution.
Today I went and saw an exhibition of work by my favourite children's author and illustrator - Shaun Tan. I find his work to be thought provoking and expressive. I am lucky to enough to have a signed copy of The Arrival by Shaun which is one of my most treasured books.

Here goes a list of the exhibitions I have seen this year -
- Shaun Tan, Alison Lester, David Hobbs - art of the picture book
- Grace Kelly
- Napoleon
- Matisse
- The Renaissance Exhibition
- Handwritten
- Picasso
- Love and devotion: from Persia and beyond
- The Archibald Prize
- Harry Potter Exhibition


When you look at a list of them that is quite a few!

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Exhibitions said...

I enjoy visiting exhibitions too and went to a great video game one last year but being in the UK there aren't that many. Would love to go to the E3 one in America.

How was the Harry Potter exhibition, worth a visit?

Post a Comment