Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sunday Book Review - Zentangle Untangle by Kass Hall

This book is the latest that has been added to my collection. I was very excited to receive it because it is by my super talented gorgeous friend Kass. Kass is a Certified Zentangle Teacher which is a pretty cool title to have on your CV. That means she is one of a handful of instructors in the world that have completed training with the Zentangle Masters - Maria and Rick.

So, what do I know about Zentangling? Not a lot. Did I hope that this book could teach me something new? Yes! I really enjoyed reading the introduction and the process Kass went through to get to the point of writing the book. It was a very heartfelt intro. Chapter 1 with a section on relaxation and focus made me want to read more and definitely have a go at Zentangling. Chapter 1 with its explanation of some of the key tangles was well written and inspiring. So inspiring that I bought a new sketch book to tangle in. Chapters 3 & 4 - Colour and art materials give a great explanation of how colour can be used in Zentangling and what mediums can be used in Zentangling.
Chapter 5 - Art Journal gives lots of great examples on how you can use Zentangling in your art. What I like is that not only are there lots of examples but there is work by some fantastic Zentangle artists.
To me a book that is full of inspiration needs to have a good resources section. Kass has included substantial resources chapter in her book with lots of links to other Zentangle artists and places you can find further information.

I think Kass has done a wonderful job writing and putting together this book. I would feel the same way about the book even Kass was not one of my friends. Kass has information on where to buy her book on her blog.

Bookmark and Share

1 comments:

Amy said...

Just ordered mine! I have never "tangled" but love Kass and look forward to learning what she has to share!

Post a Comment